Thread: Maintenance
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

Planohummer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC HUM1
Hey guys thanks for all of the help and links. I will do that about the PMD to keep a spare with me. How hard would it be to mount that remote thing up? Seems like a good bit to it. Going to have to get some new batteries too. Think mine are on their last leg.

Anyway, I bled the fuel line this morning, it definitely spit out some air. Afterwards my batteries didn't have enough juice to start it. So I got it jump started and all seemed fine. Let it idle a bit and then took it for a spin up the road. Only took it out on slow side roads, after about 10 minutes I started heading back and it sputtered out on me again. Started right back up and ran fine the rest of the way though. Hopefully it is fine now, we'll have to see!

If I drain the fuel filter anytime, does the air need to be bled out
afterwards?

pmd remote is easier to install than factory-just leave the old one on side of pump.
yes you'll always need to drain filter. always open the valve on old filter with key on to make sure lift pump is working before removing the filter--otherwise you may strand yourself. if you don't see anything coming out filter you need a new lift pump(pretty common). Weak or inop lift pump will also shorten PMD life.