View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Elcova Rookie

JLam is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Greetings from FJCruiserForums.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
Welcome.

I do have to comment...a couple of friends and I, were out on the Deer Valley Trail on Labor Day. We ran into a group of Sponsored FJ's.

We waved, they didn't reciprocate. One gentleman in a Yellow FJ, said to me as I was waving him by, "I never thought you could wheel one of those things".

He said the exact same thing to my friend as he drove by him further down the trail.

Now I'm sure you know who they were, because the little Toyota trailers were parked at the trailhead.

We also ran into a group of sponsored FJ's on the Twin Cone trail in Colorado. They were so rude, they blocked the trail for 20 minutes while they ate their lunch. Even after we had asked them to pull off and let us pass. They told us, "well you are just going to have to wait, we are taking photos for a magazine".

I don't care what people drive, I also belong to a Toyota group.

The instances I describe here are from your Trail Team. Rude...just rude. Not the example your group should be striving for.

I'd like to wheel with the FJ's, I think it would be fun, but the example set for me in real life....not the internet, has not been very appealing thus far.
Sounds like you ran into a bunch of dicks. Not sure if they were official reps of the trail team, but they may have been.

FYI, we are not officially afilliated with the Trail Teams. Some of the Team members post on our site, but we are a privately run message board, not affiliated with Toyota at all.

I certainly won't claim that there are no dickheads out there driving FJ's. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with some FJ drivers...I can assure you they're not representative of the majority of our members.