View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 12:54 AM
Hummer Novice

Dogpoor is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Radiator leaking trans fluid

Ok, thanks for the input. I ordered a new radiator after verifying that the previous owner had already bypassed the tranny cooler with a tru cool transmission cooler. So the fluid I saw on the ground was most likely dex-cool.
I also saw fluid weeping from one of the seams by the engine oil cooler line.
So yesterday I pull the radiator, and reinstall a delco, made in the good ole USA,
Radiator. Couldn't believe it was actually made here.
Reinstall went fine, figured I'd change oil why I was at it.
Refilled with Dexcool and check for leaks.
Everything is running good, I rev it up to about 4k in the garage watching my temp gauge and watch the oil pressure gauge go from 60 psi to 0.
WTF, I immediately shut it down and get to see all that beautiful Mobil 1 blowing all over the ground. The lower oil line blew out of the connection. What a hot mess. Thank God I was testing it in the shop and not on the road.
So I clean everything up and figure I just didn't seat the connection properly.
Reconnect when cooled, tug on it, pull on it, feels like everything is as tight as it supposed to be.
So today I go and get another jug of $35 Mobil 1, fill it up, check all connections
and start it up. Everything is going great, rev it up a couple of times, seems to be fine. Rev it up to about 4k ( which I had done many a time with the old radiator) and sumbitch the line blew again.
This time I at least had the foresight to park it in the gravel driveway, so the mess doesn't look as bad
Help!!!!! Has anyone else had this problem, I'm contacting Amazon, everything looked right and felt right. Should I replace the oil cooler lines? I'm thinking about taking the old fitting out of the old radiator and putting it in.
I'm perplexed I don't want to take this sucker out, it's a semi pain in the ass
Sorry for the rant