View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Hummer Professional

SR1355 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RockRail Sliders Arrived.

Well, Rails arrived on Monday as scheduled. I went home to install them, got all the tools out. Unpacked everything and verified against parts list. Crawled under H3, wrestled rail into place. These things are heavy and built tough. Each one must weigh about 50# each. Went to install bolts shipped and found they are wrong size. Bolts provided where 12mm 1.0T and bolts needed are 10mm 1.5T, checked parts list and it said that 12 10mm 1.5T bolts are provided. Call Rocky with problem hoping to get new bolts orvernighted. The guy I talked to said that their parts list called for 12mm, they don't even have 10mm in the shop anywhere. I said I'm looking right at the parts list shipped with rails and it clearly indicates that 10mm was to be shipped. After five minutes going back and forth it sorry your on your own. So off to store to pick up right bolts, and back to house. Go to install first rail again get five of six bolts in but there is no way top front bolt is going in. It's aleast 1/8" off. On to other side and same problem, but a few other as well. This is driver side with emergency brake cable on frame rail. The rock rail was notched at first support for cable but not enough, at second support no notch so it deflects cable at bit, and a third support you have to unbolt brake cable support and remove to move cable out of way with no way to rebolt. This leaves cable flopping around with enough slack to end up in rear wheel. I can take care of this but that's not the point. Poor design, poor service, powder coat could be better, it will get scrached but that again is not the point.

They are installed now and look great. I'm sure they are well built and will take anything I can throw at them but they need to work on a few things for me to recommend them. I'll post pics later.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron