View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 01:45 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Okay ... I'm calling GM now.

I spoke to the Hummer Division of GM two hours ago. I capsulized everything that the H3 has gone in for so far to the service department up to date .. then I detailed her with the latest unresolved problem, which began on June 6. The dealer had the 3, SO FAR, for 23 days from June 6 to today, July 10. With the hood painting now, they will have it an additional 3-4 days in addition. She 'sort of' hinted to me that dealership may not be "Hummer-savvy" and would I want to consider taking it to another dealer who has had more experience with Hummers. I told her that doesn't sound very encouraging .. to have a dealership SELL Hummer's, but not have the knowledge to repair them effieciently? I told her driving a distance to another dealer would not be convenient and that I'd REALLY like to have a Hummer rep look at my 3, or, at the very least, talk/walk the service mgr through my problem. She's going to call me tomorrow after she talks to my service mgr at the dealer and the regional Hummer rep (who also REALLY specializes in Cadillac's. AGH!) I said that my biggest concern is that this problem may escalate to something serious downline. She agreed and told me that as the very least, they may be able to give me an extended warranty on certain components, in case I have serious problems later with this grinding. I don't live in a small town .. <laughing> ... this shouldn't be happening. I'll update what happens tomorrow. Thanks again for your support.