View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 07:27 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Firebreather...good job trying to bring a sense of reality to someone who is clearly delusional about the capabilities (or lack thereof) of a Disco.

The Disco simply blows: Beside being the biggest "Look, I've got money-chick SUV" ever made...just about everyone who has one can't wait for their lease to run-out so they can unload it. Plagued by mechanical problems and owners professing the lack of quality....the lost-soul of the LR legacy fails to stack-up.

Let's break it down. It comes stock with lovely road tires that have the bite of a gummy-bear. The wheels are medium-sized and the underbelly has little clearance. The front approach angle isn't impressive, but horrifically shallow is the rear which hangs WAAAAYYYY out well past the rear axle. If that isn't bad enough they add a big hitch receiver and a cute little step to further drag on the ground. No rear locker to speak of and the darn thing weighs as much as the H2. VERDICT: NOT EVEN IN THE SAME CLASS.

Then there's the H2: huge tires with wide aggressive tread, lots of clearance, significant underbody protection, very steep approach and departure angles, an electronic rear locker and a traction control system with various settings, height control and all sorts of reinforcement.

The Disco is better then the H2 like a $1 bill is more valuable then a $20 bill. Drop a lift-kit, wheels/tires and some lockers....and then we'll talk. Better yet, why not talk to people who want to hear about it...I'd suggest the Discoweb! None of our members feel the need to go over "there" and tell you how superior our rigs are to yours...so why don't you return the favor and deprive us of your viewpoints.

I'm sick of coming to OUR H2 forum to find ourselves defending the H2. Heehaw is right...when your the best, everyone has to take a shot at ya! We've got nothing to prove.