View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Hummer Professional

2-H2's has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: Ron Carter Hummer in Houston

I'll have to eat crow on my earlier statement.

Ron Carter Hummer in Houston, TX ain't cool at all

I took my lifted '05 SUT in for service; leaking via the transfer case, 3" drop in my lift (which they didn't install), dented & bent cross member & spa treatment.

I left town for four weeks & return to a $2,800.00 repair bill

I received a telephone call from the service manager & the sales manager both explaining to me that they will need to replace the following items;

Pitman arms
Idler arms
Torsion bars
FabTech tie rods
Cross member (which I took it in to replace anyway)

I stopped them at this point & explained to both of them I wanted to know what caused this before we go any further. I instruct both of them to contact me once they find the culprit. Two weeks later my wife receives a telephone call saying the truck is ready WTF She in turn calls me & proceeds to explain that Ron Carter had already completed the repairs to the tune of $2,800.00 out of my pocket

Now, I'm not an auto mechanic. However, I am a machinist & mechanically inclined. WTF good is a 75,000 mile warranty, on a truck that has been off-road four times. The lift has been installed since May...the truck only has 8,000 miles on it

The sales manager had already informed my wife that the bent cross member couldn't have been the culprit...his was bent worse than mine. Then they where trying to say that I had the recalled FabTech pitman arms...NOT, the lift was put on after the recall & those parts were not available.

I went ahead and paid the bill...out of my better judgement

Anyone else on here ever experience this...should I contact hummer direct...publish my story on the internet...say bad things about Ron Carter Hummer...

Give me some suggestion please