View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 02:38 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess you can ignore my warranty questions if you want. I found this after looking around your site for awhile http://www.ststurbo.com/refund_warranty_policies :<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Squires Turbo Systems is not responsible for any damage to your vehicle caused by the turbo system or any other components. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Unless, of course, there is something else there you can elaborate on.

You mention Kenny Duttweiler in a previous post. Did he help you with your product? Just curious because I used a few of his products in the late '80's when I was running a Buick GN. My best was a 10.17 @ 135. Never enough to be anywhere near his league. He, Conley, Bell, D'Alesandro and some others were the names back then in Turbos. Especially turbo Buicks.

Anyway, of course a poorly engineered turbo setup could melt the master cylinder. Hell, it could melt a lot more than that. So this statement<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> When we visited with Kenny Duttweiler he said that many times he's seen people melt the fluid container for the master and get brake fluid everywhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>doesn't really mean alot. A heatshield should be plenty with a well engineered kit.

You said this:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Cost - if a front mount kit is available, it generally costs more money and will cost more to install. I've searched around a little bit and the only turbo system I could find for the H2 was one in R&D that was selling for $10,500. Generally turbo systems are custom jobs that cost a ton of money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Could you post a link? The only turbo setups I've seen for the H2 are working TT setups. I'd love to see what a single setup looks like.

You said:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If you want to get the best value for horsepower then you can't beat our system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't think anyone is questioning that. Nor do I think anyone will. But as you can see, there are questions to be asked and answered. I think a huge concern is for the Back Yard mechanic installing it and having a catastrophic failure that's "his fault". One that's hard to prove, but deemed his fault.

Another issue is hitting the trails. There's a lot of components down there with your system that could be damaged. Possible leaving someone on the stranded on the trail.

Next up.... Lag. Or lack of it.