View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

Luv2Camp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Nervous Breakdown"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITH23H2SUT
So today I take the HDeuce to Jiffy Lube for an oil change. The mechanic comes to me and says "Just thought you'd want to know, your oil cap needed to be taken off with a tool and it doesn't appear to the right cap for this vehicle. It seems to be warped".WTF....I ONLY GET OIL CHANGES FROM THESE GUYS. I did take it to a former HUMMER dealer to have the oiler cooler lines replaced though, I wonder if these guys lost my cap somehow and replaced it with a cheap replacement. Just thought I'd let you guys know that you should check your oil caps if your OIL PSI is below 40psi.I've been driving around with the PSI down to about a 20 which would go up to 40psi after about 15min of driving. OEM oil cap replacement has been ordered. part# 12573337

MECHANIC and Jiffy Lube are two words that DO NOT belong together! Nothing against Jiffy Lube or the people that work for them.... When I was a kid, I worked for an outfit that was like Jiffy Lube. It was called Grease Monkey. I still remember that when we would run out of one viscosity of oil, we would use whatever we had. Also can remember the number of stripped out oil plugs on the aluminum pans. For this reason, I do not allow anyone to change the oil on my vehicles except for myself......