View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 05:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

trailerpup is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HD Torsion Bars have been ordered!!!

Hummbebe wrote: "I don't think you are going to notice much of a difference until you heat them up, or are trying to correct a basket ball effect from turning up the bars. You'll notice a difference on washboard roads, and everyone behind you will get smaller and smaller"

She's right! Sorry. These nitrogen charged Fox shocks will really show their worth when they heat up. The piggy-backs also allow the shock to run more juice as well. You will notice much less fade and greater damping at increased rates. They really are designed for "high speed - desert racing" and, I would imagine, "all-day rock crawling" - where a normal shock would start start losing its mojo!

We are still attempting to find the actual "bottom of lower top bushing washer to center of lower eye hole measurement. If I remember correctly they were another 1/2 to 3/4 inches longer than the stock "adventure" package shocks that they replaced on my rig.

I was still considering a switch to the Cognitos when I crank my bars. However, I am going to wait until Sam brings Festivus in the Summer to some of us who have the SAWs on order. My rear shackles only add 3/4 inches of lift in the rear. My 35's stuff all the way, even at stock height up the front. I am only going 1.5 - 2 inches higher in the front (I kinda like a little of the "stink bug" look - so shoot me). I'm hoping with the Fox shocks on there the front end won't go all Payton on me when I start crankin'.

And, I should add that the with the Fox shocks I did notice a little difference on the Road... a little bit less roll and a somewhat-firmer ride... a greater sense of stability, if nothing else. Maybe not a thousand bucks worth, but that's not why I got them. Like H-bebe alluded to, I'm building my rig for the desert. And, combined with the SAWs I am looking forward to a having a can't lose combo. I should also say that I am having Deaver build me a 7 leaf progressive packs for the rear. Hopefully this will all help me keep it off the roof.

Just my 2 cents. And, apologies - I will put more thought into my posts in the future.

Hope this helps. Let the flaming begin!! Peace!

Boy, I just love those dancing bananas!

Last edited by trailerpup : 07-10-2007 at 04:48 AM.