View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 05:14 AM

zakky is off the scale

This is the first time I'm posting regarding its up coming H3 and really is interesting to read all the post stating about the small engine. But if this vehicle is sold in Japan, it will be a very poplar SUV and will definately be a hit for Japanese SUV lovers. In Japan their is always tax involved in owning a huge vehicle with huge engines. For example if you own a H2 you will be paying $900 per yr. plus insurance plus auto inspection fee by law every 2 years which comes out somewhere between
$1500 to $2000 annual. This is why Japanese vehicle has small engines and try to produce big horsepower by using turbo chargers. So you may understand why their is not much Full Size not running in Japan.
So my hunch is that this H3 has only 3.5 which I think the GM market is also focusing in exporting it worldwide and the right size for Japan market. Toyota Land Crusier will not be happy if this vehicle will be sold officially sold in Japan.. As for me, owning a Tahoe is like owning a Mercedes or Land Rover same as H2.....