View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Hummer Professional

CrisB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Back in Moab - Spring 2007

OK, not too many pics of this situation, but I'll try to explain. Made for a great Hummer Adventure!

These are WestHillSat, he & I & Neo got split off from the rear of the pack near the end of Hell's Revenge. Neo thought he knew where we were going, turns out he was wrong...(we'll leave it at that, he was a great host & nobody deserves any blame). We got down a hairy, rocky, really bad section, then ran into the end of the trail & realized there was no way out but to go back up it. We called the others for help, weren't sure if we could get back up! They had no idea where we were, I had to relay GPS coordinates so they could find us. Had to bust out my winch, find a boulder above to hook onto, get me up, then turn around & pull them up. Help arrived just as we finished extracting ourselves! My kids thought we were walking home, we all stayed calm & got ourselves out of a bad situation.

Name:  Moab2k7_472.jpg
Views: 4159
Size:  83.1 KB

Name:  Moab2k7_474.jpg
Views: 2384
Size:  86.7 KB
2006 H3 Adventure, green in & out, Line-X, no bling. Onboard air, Rino GPS, BVG roof rack, roof-mounted lights, Warn xd9000i winch, RR rails, Hunner's skid plates, custom UCP, rear tire rack, roofcam.

1965 IH Scout 80, fully restored with winch, lockers, Dana 44's...holds it's own to an H3.