View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: PA, Back in the deep mountains, away from stupid people!!
hummer_metal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Back in Moab - Spring 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris Burkhalter
OK, not too many pics of this situation, but I'll try to explain. Made for a great Hummer Adventure!

These are WestHillSat, he & I & Neo got split off from the rear of the pack near the end of Hell's Revenge. Neo thought he knew where we were going, turns out he was wrong...(we'll leave it at that, he was a great host & nobody deserves any blame). We got down a hairy, rocky, really bad section, then ran into the end of the trail & realized there was no way out but to go back up it. We called the others for help, weren't sure if we could get back up! They had no idea where we were, I had to relay GPS coordinates so they could find us. Had to bust out my winch, find a boulder above to hook onto, get me up, then turn around & pull them up. Help arrived just as we finished extracting ourselves! My kids thought we were walking home, we all stayed calm & got ourselves out of a bad situation.

Attachment 38204

Attachment 38205

I agree, there should never be any blame or pointing fingers when the whole TEAM runs into a problem.

Its is this type of scenario when it should bring the team closer together. Each one of us own different skills and have followed different trails in our lives. This gives us all a better edge when pulling together to find solutions to get out of such a serous problem.

It also was also nice to read that others came to assist, see there is a real life Hummer family in all of us

veg?e?tar?i?an (vĕj'ĭ-t?r'ē-ən): Old Indian word for "Poor Hunter"

http://themetalpeddler.com