View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 01:16 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rear Brake/Axle Groan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
Hmmm3 did hummer assistance or rep tell you anything but try another dealer?.
My dealer will probobly do anything they have to if they get ok from hummer?

I wrote a lonnnng post here and decided to delete and just answer your direct question without getting so wordy. Bottomline is that if the GM/Hummer tech rep reports that there isn't a problem, or, that it's normal for an H3, or has zero safety concerns .. Hummer Assistance can't do anything about it. Hummer Assistance said they have to go by what they are told about the vehicle by their field person since they are the field experts. I was really upset, especially since I had other issues with my H3 all along the way (cylinder head/valves, hood repaint, air intake box repaints, engine light, stabilitrak, etc., etc.) The dealer can't make the 'fix' if the field rep doesn't approve any fix. When I went to the other dealer, the made a fix and it had been gone for a couple of months. (The groan is coming back, especially when I have to brake suddenly. Mine used to sound as bad as yours (sorry!), but is now just building momentum again. ( )I'm going to let it build before I go back again. I may try the 3rd dealer next time.) let us know what happens with the field rep!