View Single Post
Old 02-03-2003, 01:34 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Wal-Mart has a line of Super White auto bulbs made by GE, I saw 9007(head lamps), H3(off-road lamps), not sure about 3157. The bulbs are transparent, don't know about the light. You can always return them, unlike eBay.

Thanks for the info on fog/off-road lamps. I used to live in San Francisco, 1/2 of the City is in dense fog 1/2 the year, reg. head light is reflected and of course you never should use high beam in the fog, fog lamps especially the yellow ones are most effective in the fog. As such, your statement about fog vs off-road lamps is logical.

Which reminds me H2 does not have fog lamps, I never noticed it before. Based on my driving experience in many states and Europe, fog lamps are not decorations but very important safety equipment, there were times I could not see anything nor go anywhere without the fog lamps.

On eBay, the H3 bulbs are described as fog lamps, not as off-road lamps. My H3 bulbs came from eBay, maybe I have fog bulbs in my off-road lamps. Whatever, I like the bright blue light.