Old 02-06-2007, 01:46 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MAJOR Problems - Need Help Desperately - Monday Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazi
Status This Monday

So ?

I have to talked to GM in Brazil. They will not support/give any assistance to this car in Brazil. They don?t have anyone trained and their dealers do not have access to GM?s international support area.

I have sent emails message to the original dealer (Landers). No replies, so far.

I have contacted (email) pcmforless.com and asked them about sending a PCM here.

The motor used in the H3 is not used in any Brazilian or commonly imported car here.

I have a few questions, if you can help me:

1. How large is the PCM and approximately how much does it weigh? Don't know but it cant be more than 10lbs or 5 kilos, no way. But i think its around 2-4 pounds, a kilo or so. I assume your asking because of shipping.
2. Would you reprogram this PCM differently or would you keep the original standard data?I assume you ask this because pcmforless asked if you wanted to change it, they can mod it for you. There are several things that they can do to make the pcm more customized to the way you drive, and from what i hear it can help with milage and hp. so yeah i woul ddo the reprogram from pcmforless.
3. Can an experienced mechanic/engineer can switch the PCM without many problems? I think even you can switch it out. it is most likely held by some screws or clips. The only connections that go to it must be connectors so its just snap off, snap on.
4. Is there anything else I should do? Prey?

Finally the big question:

Why did this happen to me? I know it sounds depressing but I got the impression, form surfing the net and in this forum, that this is not a common problem. I don?t want it to happen again! Dont worry about it, it could happen to anyone, just bad luck i guess. I havent been trouble free but nothing even close to what i would call a problem, just creaks and rattles.

Thanks,

Marlus / Brazi

Good luck!