View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 06:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Mr. Brrrr, (you get what you give), you wrote:

If I were to spend the price difference between my Jeep and your H2 I think I'd be able to keep up with no problems. Actually for the price of your H2 I could get 2 jeeps, leave one at home and still afford to nicely outfit the other for whatever beatings I want to give it. It really doesn't matter what wheels beter where, and saying your H2 will out wheel a jeep doesn't help your arguement. Whether it's true or not, it still cost at least 30k more than most Jeeps.
-end

I never stated nor argued that the H2 could outwheel a Jeep...I merely tried to find a middle-ground in an effort to tolerate your stench and be friendly.

I like your gentle form of being obnoxious & offensive. What's your point?...that the H2 is not worth it and a Jeep can do it cheaper? I have no interest in researching your "speed jeep", but I know with certainty that a short wheelbased vehicle with axles is no match for a longer wheelbased vehicle with IFS. Deceive yourself otherwise, but spare us your bull****.

I've had 3 jeeps and I can tell you that you are completely right: there is no comparison, the H2 out-classes the Jeep hands down. It's better looking, better made, far more luxurious and is just a much sweeter vehicle that carries with it some prestige in ownership.

Your numbers are off. By the time you take a Tahoe and have it all done-up with tires, lockers and all the good stuff, you're just about where an H2 is. And what does a Grand Chickedee cost nowadays anyways...who cares, the interior is so stripped down and cheap. I recently "unloaded" mine, but not before it nickel & dimed me to death with crappy design.

Anybody in a trailer can buy themselves a frankenstein'd CJ and attend tractor-pulls with the best of them....it's just another jeep. You don't like the H2, you dont' see the value in the H2...that's fine. Some people just love a greasy hamburger. We like steak and can afford it: deal with it.

It's a lot like the guy with a built-up old Nova with a huge engine: he thinks the guy who bought the vette is a fool. He can buy and build 4 Nova's for the price of a vette.

It's a matter of taste, ability to afford such a vehicle and an appreciation for something much nicer then common junk. Obviously a concept that is well beyond your ability to appreciate.

Here's a thought: Jason...this guy is obviously a troll who has no intention of constructively contributing to this forum....do I hear a flushing noise coming on??????