View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 03:45 AM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HIHUMMER = HUMMERLESS after Paragon/RauchCreek

Okay...let the story of my drama H3 continue....

Started driving home Tuesday from Paragon. Got the speed up to around 60mpg and there was a gawd awful noise and vibration. Called my local dealer who informed me to contact Onstar to find the nearest Hummer dealership....which ended up being in Allentown PA...an hour east of where I was. So....head to Scott Hummer in Allentown. They pull my truck in thinking perhaps the problem was a U-Joint or a Wheel Bearing.

First thing they do is rotate and balance my tires..."just to rule out".
Of course...that didn't fix the problem. So about 4hours later they tell me....are you ready for this....MY REAR DIFFERENTIAL "was shot". (keep in mind I just had the front replaced 3 weeks ago and from that, I now have a front axle seal leak that was to be corrected).

The Service Manager at Scott Hummer tells me that they have replace about 4 early build date H3's rear diff. GM has told them that "they have found a containment/chemical of some kind in the differential housing that cause the breakdown of the internal parts. No point in replacing the internal parts, b/c the breakdown will happen again. So instead we have to replace the whole differential...meaning completely everything except the wheels. This will take about 7days". (just glad it didn't have anything to do with my "sassy wheeling skills". )

Thanks so much to HiMobility and his family for opening up their home and allowing a "slummer" to stay there.

So....left my poor H3 in Allentown, PA...with hopes that it will be shipped to my local dealer in about 1 week. I've contact Hummer and my "case" has been escalated beyond customer service to a "case manager". Time to play hard ball.

I just got home tonight around 6ish. 10hour drive is never too much fun.

BEWARE those with the early build dates.....your break down of the rear diff. maybe be happening soon.