View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 02:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

JSA_3 is off the scale

I added the Audiovox "plug and play" Sirius satellite receiver to my rig today.

It is the unit that can go into a home docking station or separate boombox. The car dock will FM modulate/or allow a direct connection to an aux input. I'm using the FM mod right now but eventually plan to replace the entire stereo system (can't make my mind up with what at this time)and will use the direct connection at that time. In the meantime though, so far I'm impressed. (I used a Kenwood FM mod/Sirius in my H2, and was never really happy with the sound quality - kind of AM ish) The sound quality seems much better than the Kenwood I had.

It took about 1hr to put it in. Very simple and straight forward. I hardwired the power, rather than use the cigarette lighter, and mounted the dock w/double sided 3m tape to the area below the fuel and temp gauges. Being a soft top, the antenna is on top of the speaker pod above the dash. The lead routed down the center post of the windshield. The soft top fabric is "transparent" enough to allow a full strength signal.

I'm researching my options on a full replacement of the stereo right now. I can't decide where amps, subs etc will go and keep it looking stock. I'm looking for ideas or input in this area, If any of you have any, definitely send them along.

John

----------
'02 HMCO