View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My key is stuck in the ignition switch

Yeah he is a local national that works on the base. He does about 2-4 of these conversion or un-conversions a week as a side business. In most case, especially the older cars (without the things like a BCM) it works fine for a persons tour of duty here (2-3 years). His work is still probably not the safest as the connections are exposed to the elements, etc. Also, he charges normally less than $300 per car, so comparted to the dealership quote (had I went there in the beginning) of $1200--you can see why a poor E-1 or E-3 might go with the cheaper route. I will use this now as a "data point" and info my fellow soldiers about getting what you pay for.

I want to thank Hmmm3 and all the rest of you for your support of the troops and, of course, my new baby H3. Yesterday evening during my 4+ hour drive home, it was the first time I really got to enjoy the vehicle. LOL- but I did notice my leg getting tired without the presence of cruise control. (Now, I need to post "Is cruise control an option that I forgot to request?")