View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 07:43 AM
Elcova Rookie

hawaiih3 is on a distinguished road
Default P0300//mulitiple misfire

1st time check engine came on was while I was in line at a drive thru so I ran a scan with a Gynesis and pulled P0303 and P0300 so I replaced all plugs
with iridium (denso)-cleared codes and ran another scan. No codes. However, the scanner can run live data stream and as I am running live data I can see mulitiple misfires and it records the count in history on each plug . But the misfires only occur during idle and not under load like cruising speed on the highway. for instance if i rev the engine like just tapping the throttle I can feel a hesitation of power and the live data reads mulitple misfire but then clears it self but no code or engine light comes it just continues to count and clear its self. I checked for a vacume leak found none, checked to see is the valve cover to intake box hose was cracked or loose and it wasn't. I replaced the # 3 coil, but still no change. There is no crankshaft sensor code nor camshaft sensor code, starts fine and runs fine but when I run live data I can see the misfires occuring. Anybody have any ideas on what is going on or lead me to possible cause?

JJ