View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: PISMO BEACH 06/24/06

Serious time for a deep breath. Really folks, it's kinda great to meet people from the forum face to face. The forum, the pictures, ALL the internet stuff, that's sweating the small stuff compared to actually going out and enjoying the Hummers together. It's really easy to type something but quite another matter to think about how you'll feel in a face to face later. I think a lot of people on the internet type stuff that they'd never in a million years say to someone across the dinner table at a Hummer Happening, ever. Perhaps if we all remember how much we enjoy the actual real life, we'd (me included believe me, I've gotten hot under the collar on the net) have a shock absorber of sorts on our net presence.

It's HARD to get people together and have a great time in today's busy world. I'm grateful for the effort that people put forth not only to plan these things but the other folks to drive all that way and show up. I appreciate it.

Most times, people that kick the snot out of each other on a forum will never meet each other face to face. Here, on this forum in particular, I think that's not the case! It'd be an awfully awkward situation to have to ask someone for help on the trail or eat dinner with them if you'd told them to ES&Die on the forum. It's a matter of picking your hills to die on. If it's important enough to you, well, I guess that's what it's all about. I'm writing this as much for myself to remember as anyone else and what made me think about it was last weekend when I actually met folks from here.

I think I read it here, don't sweat the small stuff, don't pet the sweaty stuff.