View Single Post
Old 05-14-2003, 04:58 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I love big American cars. My first American car was a black 94 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, the biggest car, period. The trunk was big enough for 3 bodies, was told that is/was Mafia's favorite car. Beautiful, big, powerful, reliable and cheap.

After 20+ years German and British cars, premium gas and high maintence cost, I was absolutely shocked and overjoyed with the regular gas and cheap service cost, $1000 vs $25, that was the difference. It was super powerful like an ICBM, step on the gas, it shoots out, love the big brutal American engine, very different from the European "refined" engines. Big and soft inside vs the hard MB leather. It was reliable, just drive and drive and drive, forgot to change oil? who cares? I looked at a new 96 Cadi Fleetwood after I saw it on TV news in another country where it is used as Presidential limos(still is), I said to myself, "I gotta get myself one of those!" When friends and family found out, everyone was horrified, "how can you buy an American car?", they talked me out of it, and it was discontinued in '96. I could not get it out of my mind, took me 2 years of daily checking the ads to find a black one, honestly, daily checking. It was cheap, another beauty of American cars.

I sold it to a Hispanic gentleman from Fresno, whom have been searching for this exact black Fleetwood for 2-3 years, it was perfect match for him and bought it sight unseen. I am very happy it is in the hands of a new loving owner. Wonder if he lower the Fleetwood? why not? I would love to see it.

Hummer is my 2nd American auto. I think I will stay with American cars from now on.