View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 01:11 AM

MichiganK9SAR is off the scale

I am curious why people think that just because DCX is HQ'd in Germany, that every profit made goes solely to the German economy. And why should buying a Toshiba laptop be immoral? Because it wasn't MADE here?

I'm sorry friend, but America is no longer the industrial manufactoring powerhouse it once was. We're consumerists. And if you think that buying a Ford over a Mercedes improves our economy, I think you're wrong.

Automotive and computer makers both are international companies, their stocks traded throughout the world. The only way you could say that DCX was a German company, would be if DCX was owned by the German government. It is instead owned by its stockholders. I own DCX stock, but consider myself America.

I used to own a Honda Accord. Very nice car...until it runs out of oil. Actually, I broke down with a crack in my oil pan (hit a rock or something). I walked to the nearest farmhouse to use the telephone. The man let me use his phone but told me "I'd help you with your car, but you see I'm from the world war II generation, and have a hard time helping someone who supports Japan".

As ignorant as that old man's statement was, it really is not far off from what has been said here.