View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 03:14 AM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 6.2L & 6l80 Power Uprades

ryaleon,
Not sure exactly what you are looking for since you are asking for power but also saying you dont want to down shift much.

To begin with these engine are in basic essence an iron block Corvette engine (LS1/LS2). So if you want some power, you can do all the simple mods that help Corvettes get power (intake, long tube headers, exhaust, cam....).

As for the tranny shifting, you can re-program it to help you out. But remember you have the 6 speed, which is what most want.... so you are already doing better with the shifts then most.

If you want better acceleration, then I would suggest dropping some gears in it, it could help you out also. Just remember to plan out your gears.
- I say that because if you plan to go with some larger diameter wheel/tires setup after you choose your gears you could end up going slower then you want. Like I am planning a mild 2-3 inch lift with some 37's at least then after that I will probably do at least 4.88s

Dont go running around dropping money trying to get what you want. The basics will get you what you want and all of this could be done fairly cheap. I can only see the gears costing you alot if you are unable to install them yourself and arent familiar with setting the backlash