View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 02:17 AM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 6.2L & 6l80 Power Uprades

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaleon
Does anyone make a true cold air intake for a deuce? Something that takes actual cool air in.

I dont know why people this this is some sort of rocket science or that it has to be a "manufactured" product.

Plan out where you want the air to come from.
Its an off-road vehicle so some people will make a snorkel (yeah I heard some say the snorkel looses power, but if you do that are you doing it for power or for protection?), or you can route it to the front of the rig, or to the side of the engine bay where it collects it now.

All you need is some pipe (metal, stainless, PVC, whatever), some hose couplers, some screw type clamps, and a performance filter as big as you can shut into the area you want to put it in.
You get all that together for about 50 bucks (if that... since the biggest expense is the filter and you can get those fairly cheap from Amazon or eBay).
After that, you can take some plexi, or some metal, or again whatever and fab up a nice box to encase the HUGE air filter and done!
A little paint and it is all pretty
You now have a great CAI for a few hundred less then what you would have paid to buy one that isnt exactly what you want.

Why spend 150-350 bucks (or more) on something that - at best - gives 10-20 hp all because it looks pretty. Sorry but I dont drive around with my hood open all the time for people to see.
Fab up something for a few buck and take the extra money and invest it into another mod that you can fab up

Hope this helps

Last edited by jsbihn : 09-02-2013 at 03:03 AM.