View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 04:57 AM
Hummer Novice

Circ is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Rockford Fosgate Group Buy

I went ahead and put the system in my '06 SUT as well - my radio is the stock nav unit.

The sub really makes a huge difference in music with a big distinct bass line - RAP, house, hip hop and newer pop. Makes the XM sound decent and sounds great with a CD.

The sub sounds its best with the system cranked but is a little difficult to find a comfortable level at moderate volumes. At low volumes the sub is fine. The great thing is that with the earlier comments here I expected some bottoming out and muddy sound but I'm pretty happy as the response seems to go plenty low with no bottoming out as I've had with some other smaller aftermarket subs.

I'd agree that a variable crossover and gain control would really finish this off nicely - I've found with my prior custom systems that I was constantly adjusting the gain of my sub based upon the volume and style of music I was enjoying.

I'm going to call Rockford tomorrow and see if there's a gain control that I could wire into the sub somehow.

Bottom line - I like it. The stock system probably sounds better at low to middle volumes but this shines if you like to crank it and feel the bass in your seat.

The price at $500 (try to ignore the 100% markup - you probably pay that a lot more often than you realize!) is reasonable given the clean and simple integration with the stock system.