View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 06:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rubiconman is off the scale

Started at 7:30 Am yesterday, and finished at 7:00 Pm. I found that the front drive shaft rubs on the oem tranny skid.. so I removed it. Didnt have time to install the CV or the front swaybar disco's (too tired and sore) so I went home for some sleep(30 mile drive from my buds house). It was kinda like those beds at cheap motels with the quarter massages....vibration city.
Next day I went back and installed CV... at first when I opened the box I thought they sent me the wrong shaft. I didnt realise that the harmonic balancer had to come off. I installed it and the vibes are all gone now. Still haven't put on the swaybar disco's, the kit was missing the part that bolts to the front diff to attach the links. I called Chris @ 4wheel customs, he said he'd send them right out.
I came real close to losing my life this morning when I went to the shop to get it aligned (the local good year shop), there was a real nice set of 15x8 teflon 5 on 4.5 coated alloys, with 33x12.50 MTR's already mounted and balanced... just begging to be put on my rubi, but then I remembered....even if I charged it I would only be postponing the linching till the Visa bill came in.

Old shaft

New CV with fixed yoke

Still need to buy a new skid