View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by evomind:
i want to know why they didnt make it level from the factory?
is there a reason? i cant believe it "just happened" that one side sits 2" lower than the other. (front to back). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In one of the H3 advirtisments, it states "your passangers wont even notice" talking about hard braking. I think the front is lower because:

1) when braking, the stock setup rests on the bump stops and does not allow the nose to dive.

2) because of the limits on range of motion with IFS, they needed to keep the ride in the middle of the suspension range of motion. This alone forced them to use the lower front ride height (they would have had to redesign the frame/IFS mounting like the lift kit companies will do). If you crank up the front too much, the range of upward suspension motion is decreasd. This causes the shock/suspension to "top out" an reach the upper limit when the front becomes unsprung. (clear as mud?)