View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sider hood latches--can I do without for a few days?

Mark,

I got in a hurry that day after working under the hood. I had laid the hood down but not latched so I could back out of the garage and also left the truck running with the plans of opening the hood back up and look for any problems after I went into the house to wash up and get a bottle of water before the test drive.

Note: I have a tee shirt that says "Easily Distracted" and it is true, I am.

I finished up in the house, got in the truck and drove off and as I slowed from 35 mph at the first stop sign I seen the hood raise up about 3" to 5", the pucker factor set in. There wasn't any traffic (we live in the sticks) I rolled through the stop sign and rolled to a stop, got out and closed it all up and kicked myself in the a$$.

I think part of the reason it came up so easy was the OEM brush guard and its location and weight, just a thought.

But anyhow kiddies, learn from uncle Eds mistakes and be sure to latch that hood before driving off

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
TOUCHE!!!

I should have clarified... but regardless, you're right, if not latched, I guess it could pop forward if you hit the brakes hard enough.

Mark