Thread: Rubicon VS H2
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 03:02 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Wow....I'm so confused...

I think what it comes down to is this: We come here to discuss, relate and ENJOY the fellowship of owning an H2 or having an interest in eventually owning an H2.

Yeah...knowing what the H2 isn't and knowing about other vehicles can be interesting...but it's getting to the point where some peoples interest seem to be all about making sure we (the H2 forum) don't feel too good about our H2's.

Musky, your an interesting guy and certainly a wealth of information....but it would seem as though your purpose here is to make certain none of us are too impressed with our Hummers.
There are 3 things I'd like to point out:

1) Most of us here just laid down $60,000 dollars and took a gutsy chance on buying a first-year production vehicle. It's enough that the media and tree-huggers are on our asses and other people seem compelled to voice their disapproval....that we don't need to come together on this forum and feel bad here too.

2) The Hummer H2 DAMN WELL IS an amazing vehicle. It comes stock with huge tires, excellent clearance, great geometric design, an awesome 4x4 system, traction control, underside protetion, rear-locker and a host of other great features. The stock LR's freakin' blow! They have less clearance, their butts hang wayyyy past the rear axle and drag, they weigh as much as the H2, have NO rear locker and come with medium-sized road tires. They plummet in value, are poorly built, top-heavy and a complete class well below our bad-ass rigs. Your Pig-Scout is bad-ass, but it probably doesn't have 2% the luxury, comfort and city-handling the H2's have...nor will it carry your whole family...for that matter it's probably a trailered vehicle only. I don't know...and I don't mean to be rude...but I don't care.

3) THIS IS AN H2 FORUM

Snap-crackle-pop goes/went Steve...sorry 'bout that. I'm openly partial for blame....I asked lots of questions and paved some of the way. I appreciate your input about the tires and other performance issues....but I'd appreciate if you'd contribute to the positive aspects of the H2 from time to time to offset what seems to be a belittling theme.