View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wireless Start-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aetherH3
I went down to Circuit City to get some information on the DEI Valet 561R and they fed me some BS about needing a Python alarm and two different bypasses. Out the door would have been ~$450... For that i would rather walk outside, start my car, go inside and have a glass of OJ while its warming up.
LOL for $450 I'll fly over and start it for you.

I had the Viper (and big stereo job) installed on my Explorer but sadly I just paid the entire bill. However, the install was not difficult for them. One feature of my Viper can is has module to roll up and down my windows. I love this feature and have had good fun with the remote start in scaring people. I tried to get the window module installed in the sun roof. However, the sun roof had 3 positions: open/close/vent, and the window module could only do 2. (This may have been changed since my install.) For example, windows open, doors unlocked, and sun roof open. Alarm the system and doors locks, windows go up, and sun roof went to vent. We just took it out. The motion sensor inside would hand extrance to the vehicle, but if it rains the sun roof might still be open.

You can get a 2nd, 3rd, ... opinion on the install process. My shop was an independent shop with smarts. I want to find a good shop here but here my choices are probably even worse than yours.

You can ask DEI via their web site about the Viper and Python. Be aware it can take a LONG time for a response. The following is a reponse from them I rec'd after 2 weeks (really 2 weeks):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Directed Electronics email response

A reply to your request has been made:
Ticket Number: 125954304

The Reply:
hi The Valet 561T uses the factory remote..

[b]ORIGINAL REQUEST:[/n]
Can you tell me if DEI offers a remote start system that utilizes the original OEM key fob remote and not a DEI remote? Vehicle: 2006 Hummer H3.