View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Hummer Novice

nugget is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New to forum from AUssie

The bottom drawer is a cooking drawer and we use a little butane cooker

This was before we got the roll out awnings at the side and rear but this was a wet weekned where ai just rigged a tarp and we cooked tea.

I also have 14.5 gallon water tamk with a little pump in so we have running water..

This is the area between the cargo barrier and the back of the drawers systen where I have the water tank and also where we keep our clothes bags, camping gear.."Aussie Swag"...plus tool kit, spares etc etc

Thats the swag on the top shelf

And it rolls out like this

Depending on how long we are staying and the weather we either sleep in this as it is, or for longer stays we have alittle dome tent and we roll out the swag inside the tent.

Becasue the Engel was a bit shorter than the drawers, I had a little area where I decided to create an electrical board to protect the power supply for the fridge, water pump, 12v lights and 500W inverter. Works really well as the door stops things falling against it. Since this picture was taken I have also mounted our dual battery there as well. Every things runs off the dual battery so we don not flatten the main battery when we are away..not fun having a flat battery in the middle of now where!