View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

EuroHummer is on a distinguished road
Default HP and Torque numbers

Well, I have seen a lot of inflated HP figures on the internet. Most are bolting on headers, exhaust, CAI and a chip and claiming 550-600 HP. The stock LQ4 should put out about 325 HP and 370 ft lbs of torque. I have much more than this on my engine, and I know I wont get these numbers.

I could have put out more top end HP, but I am not drag racing it. I decided to make it a torque monster with the cam grind and intake. If I went to a more radical cam and different intake, I am sure it would be around 550 HP at 6200 RPM or so. With my cam grind and intake, I am looking at 480 Hp at 6000 RPM and 450+ ft lbs of torque at 5000 rpm.This is just a SWAG, we will see what it really does on a dyno. It will make great power from 1500-5000 RPM, and have more low end torque and more HP at lower RPMs than the drag/street racing motors.

Sorry for the long speech, but I wanted to explain why the HP numbers are not as high as most claim...

2003 H2, 408 CI, K1 Forged 4" stroke crank, K1 6.125" forged rods, Wiseco X-Series 0.30 forged pistons, Schneider cam, FAST 102mm LSXRT, precision flow injectors, Comp Pro Magnum rockers, SA Gear DR timing set, ARP main studs, 90mm ETC TB, Airaid MIT, MSD Coils/wires, Dynatech Headers/high flow cats, Magnaflow, Jessie James Black Widows 20x9, Nitto Dune Grapplers 37", Fabtech 6" lift, CK Performance XHD 4l70e and 4.56 Gears