View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 03:48 AM
Hummer Novice

Escondido is on a distinguished road
Default Goodyear Tire Problems

Anybody had problems with the Goodyear Wranglers? Curious if there was a bad run of the tires or I just happened to get three bad ones.

Getting some new wheels put on this week and the tire guy said the tires needed to be taken back to the dealership. Three of my tires were developing bulges on the sidewalls. Only 7K miles on the tires. The tire guy said they were coming apart. I tend to believe him since he wasn't going to get anything out of replacing them.

Dealership was trying to put this off as road hazard and should be covered by that policy. Of course I didn't purchase their over priced tire insurance when I bought the H2. Last on I got 90K out of the tires.

Anyway, I rejected this solution. There is no way that three tires show defects on the sidewalls at 7K. There suggestion is to wait for the regional rep to come into town and get his approval to replace the set. Also not a satisfactory answer, not with visions of the old ford explorers in my mind. Sets a pretty good precedence for how bad a blown tire can be. They of course tried to minimize the risk, saying it was just a minor blemish.