View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Elcova Newbie

Tmb2014 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H3 engine turns but won't start.

I started to have this problem 3 months ago... what I have learned after much research and trial and error, is that H3 has a defect with their theft system and there is no way to correct this problem but you can work around it. The first thing you do is before you start the vehicle, unloock your car by using your unlock button until it completely clicks unlock (usually about 3-4 times) then start. If you open the passanger door and try to start it, you may experience this problem.. What happens is your truck automatically assumes that it is being stolen, and will not issue fuel for the initial start..if you wait between 6-15 minutes it will automatically reset itself and you should be able to start it. Ever since I have been starting the car by unlocking several times, I haven't had the problem until last night when I got into the truck by the passanger side before the drivers side door was open, and it wouldn't start for 10 minutes and then it reset itself and it started up fine. I won't do a remote start on this car because of that reason, but try the unlock button before starting with the remote. Good Luck!!!