View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by walc:
Therefore, I will have to withdraw from further participation, in any manner.

Here's hoping that the 3rd time is the charm.

By the way, it never fails that the censorship mob always hides behind the banter of the "save the children" theme.

The thought-nazis take the view that other people are not to be trusted with freedom of choice or speech, and that it is their duty to act as moral guardians for society. Their excuse (and that's all it is, an excuse) to impose their lowest common denominator views is that it's only to "save the children." How many time have you heard this sorry ass excuse as a pretense for censorship?

We need to save the children from: (here you get to pick)
1) guns
2) SUVs
3) tobacco
4) fast food
5) evolution
6) violence on TV
7) "The Catcher in the Rye"
8) George Carlin
9) OR WHATEVER THE F*CK OFFENDS YOU

If you want to impose your perspective on the rest of us, at least have the balls to stop hiding behind the moral shield of “I’m just doing it for the children.”

Here’s my perspective: If you don’t like want you see or read...then don’t look at it or don’t read it! And whenever you hear someone say there ought to be something done to “save the children” its time to open your eyes and call bullsh*t.