View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3Infrmr:
I seen at Lynch Hummer how the Roof Lights are installed. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT getting Marker Lights or Roof Fog Lights. They were drilling holes in the roof free handed and actually putting dents in the roof. The guy also drilled into the wiring of the mirror because as he was pulling the drill out of the hole, the wiring was caught. NOT GOOD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't drill blindly into the roof. There is a templete that comes with the roof light kits that show you exactly where to drill. The instructions tell you how to drill so you don't snag any wiring, that guy obviously didn't read the instructions. As far as denting the roof, I guess that's accurate. If you tighten up the rivit nuts properly, it will slightly warp the roof right around the riv nut. Now let's think about it though, once you agree to put the roof lights on, they are on. You're not going to take them off. And the roof light panel covers completely the entire front part of the roof so you couldn't see a slight dent if you tried. Does that really matter? If the roof lights are installed by a competent tech they will be quiet and work fine. Maybe some of the early installs didn't work out as well because some techs didn't figure out the tricks to it yet, but by now they should all be fine.