View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Finally! Got rid of the H2

The H2s keep biting the dust. Saw pictures of two of them upside down after the tornadoes. Yours must have been made on a Monday. I've only been back to the dealer once in four and half years and 58,000 miles and that was for a faulty 4L lock button. I am on my third windshield from rocks too!
I agree that it was a big hit on depreciation, but when they came out everyone wanted one and they wouldn't dicker much on the sticker price. I tried out a Ford Raptor last year and it rode so stiff it was downright uncomfortalbe on anything but the smoothest of paved roads. One thing we do share in common though, is after years of being a GM man, with GTOs, Corvettes, a Cutlass or two, two Impalas, and a Pontiac 2+2 (yep I'm an old fart - past Medicare age) after what GM did to Hummer it left a very sour taste in my mouth. I don't think I'll ever buy a GM prodcut again and my four sons feel the same way.
I still enjoy driving my H2 and we just got home from a nice vacation in the mountains in Colorado with it. I plan on holding on to it until the the end. Sorry to see good people like you go, but GM brought this on themselves with poor marketing and now they are building cookie cutter cars and SUVs. I don't think the Volt is going to be a big savior for them unless the price comes down a lot. People in America love their big SUVs and not many are bigger and better offroad and on the highway than the H2.

Last edited by HummerJim : 05-01-2011 at 01:19 PM.