View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale
Default Re: Finally! Got rid of the H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettster
Hi all! Haven't posted on here in a while but used to participate a lot back in the day.
Traded my H2 in the other day.
Kind of a bittersweet event.
I really liked driving the truck but it was the biggest POS that I have ever owned quality wise.
The 4wd system was great! It was like a tractor. Just put it in gear and it would out pull a John Deere.
After the government motors thing and the bath I took on it's value, I will never own another GM product.
5 years old and still under the (extended) warranty. Couldn't let it sit for more than 5 days without the battery going dead.
I thought it would be the perfect vehicle for Mexico until we ended up spending our vacations driving back up to Houston to get the thing serviced or worked on all the time.
Had to replace the shocks and steering stabilizer at 10K miles because every time I hit a bump in the steering would start oscillating. Can you say dangerous?
Had 20k miles on it.
RIP Hummer.

Sorry about your reliability experience but we've had 3 H2's and all three were the most reliable vehicles we've owned. Okay, maybe my Accord was absolutely trouble free but co,pared to our BMW's, Benz, and especially the Landrover these H2's are extremely reliable. Our current H2 is a 2004 with 70K miles and I've had it for 5 years.

BTW - The reason I've owned a total of 3 H2's and 1 H3 is every time I get rid of one the wife and kids miss it so much I have to get another one. After losing my shorts on the frost three i decided to keep this one till one of us dies.
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)