View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rred is on a distinguished road
Talking A year later, I'm on my way home.

It's safe to say now, I'm finally on my way home. It's been an extremely quick year over here. Damn Haji's hit Camp Taji 23 times with rockets in the month of May alone. But I'm coming home. I can't wait to get back to my 3. It's been hard not buying all of the goodies for it, but it'll all come in good time. Right now I'm shacked up in Baghdad. Damn Air force has these duty days that they don't fly on, so it'll be another day before I can get down to Kuwait and a couple more before I'm back to Texas. Not only does the Air Force only do 4-5 month tours but they get built in days off. WTF!?! It's 117 degrees out right now and I'm chill'n in my tent. Things are built up enough in the transient housing that we have ample AC and wireless internet in all of the tents. Wasn't like this when I first got here but, things are still improving. It's not to bad. It's a great feeling to know I'm on my way home.

I can't wait to get back in my 3. My mother is having it detailed for me this week, so my truck will be shined up for me when I get home. I have a small list of things I'm doing to my truck as soon as I get home. I've managed to only purchase a few things while gazing the net over here. I have a really nice 7" JVC touch screen head unit to put in, new weathertech window rain deflectors and digital fit floor mats, taillight guards(black), the trailduty leveling kit with the 1/2" bumpstops and the blistein shocks, plus I'm tinting it and slapping the 35"s on it as soon as I get home. I'll be posting some threads on my progress and work until I get my finished product. I'm also thinking about making a trip up to Silver lake Michigan, if anyone wants to join me.

Well, I just wanted to share my situation and progress over here. It feels great to be on my way home!

keep it real,
Sgt Derr

Gary Allen said it well, "life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful life."

Blistiens at all four corners, leveled, 35" Toyo M/Ts