View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stock 4x4 comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfox
First off, what in the hell does fuel economy have to do with off-road performance?
Absolutely nothing. Fuel economy is not in the Rock Crawling profile. It's part of Road Trips and People Mover.

Quote:
Secondly, I think you are missing a whole lot of information in your "equations". Off-roading is generally about a situation, not every vehicle is going to perform well in every situation. I have seen bits of trail that a Hummer simply couldn't get on because it was too tight a squeeze between two huge rocks, I have also seen hills that the length and width of a Hummer made a huge difference. Can you seriously say that a a Jeep Liberty is more capable than an H2??

My software will eventually let you specify the strengths you want offroad, like hill climbing and boulder-hopping, but it's not there yet. Creating profiles is my first attempt at comparing vehicles by situation. When I designed Rock Crawling, it contained factors that favor small vehicles like tight turns (which is something I may change). I absolutely did not mean that the Liberty is better than the H1 in all respects. If there's enough room for it, the H1 would always kick its ass.

Quote:
Seriously, you need to learn more about off-roading before writing these assumptions.

I'm making no assumptions about which vehicle is better. But I know many of my initial criteria are off. I just want to validate and improve my early results. Thank you all for your feedback.

Last edited by Wisha Haddan H3 : 07-20-2006 at 01:08 AM.