Thread: Quadratec
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale
Default Re: Quadratec

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
I assume many of you have ordered from Quadratec over the years; especially if you have owned Jeeps. I sure have, but today, in a phone conversation, I talked with a real winner.
I ordered some KC slim lites and the lite locks last week. Today, I attempted to install them, so after I installed the brackets on the brush guard, I mounted a light, and bingo, the locks are designed for a larger bolt.
So, I call Quadratec customer assistance, and talked to Mr. Intelligent, a customer service rep.
He tells me they make no other size, and the locks are for the daylighter series only. I told him they make the locks for the slims, since I had them on my Jeep. He does some checking, asks if I still has the '03 Jeep, which I answered no. He asks what year Jeep, and I explained it was for a Hummer.
Lo and behold, his answer was, "these lights are designed for Jeeps, you should have called our truck center and ordered truck/Hummer lights."
I tried to explain lights are not vehicle specific, he did not believe me. I got so p**sed, I had to hang up.
A call back to a manager got everything straightened out, but I told him, if this is the type of people you are hiring, get a new HR rep.

You should have told him that since the Jeeps and Hummers have a 7 slot grill, and you were mounting it to the 'grill guard' it should have worked just fine. Would have been good for a laugh...