Thread: Custom hood
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale
Default Re: Custom hood

I have this setup. He is a sponsor. He makes several other items. We are setting up a dealership or distributor deal hopefully. He is constantly expanding the line. He has one piece rear bumpers and front bumpers. You can use one style front bumper with chrome insert bumper or He makes a unit that will cover the factory hard steel with fiberglass so that You have a more seamless look in front. Well He does the same for rear as well.

I have to get with Him and get My one piece rear bumper I hope next week. I have chome bottom metal bumpers so i use just the part that replaces the factory plastic parts. Jay is really nice. Usually a real nice young lady will take order. He is moving away from selling them Himself I think as he appears to be growing product line and working on R&D which reduces time to sell and ship. Not confirmed. Working with Him to take it to SEMA. I left My all machined billet front guard on and I use it to open and close hood. He has it designed to not have to mold it to hood. It can be painted and bolted on.
We molded Mine into the hood and looks like it was there from the beginning. I can get a Pic of this most likely Tuesday and post if You would like. Plus You will get a look at the new modified H2 compared to the way it was. We used $4000 worth of just paint on the new scheme. It was very high quality paint and lots of clear coat. I Love My scoop and We made it functional but, it does not come that way. With the Horse Power and supercharger We are trying to get all the hot air out as fast as possible so We made it a fully functional reverse cowl hood scoop. You have to be really of need and brave to cut a huge hole in Your fiberglass hood to mkae it functional. It hurt to watch but, was worth it. I'll get Pics of My scoop molded in and try to answer questions if i can. if not I will get answers for You. Yet keep in mind You can do a more simple install and not cut hood etc. and it looks good.
But, I have a huge hole and still trying to get use to it when I open hood. You do have to get use to the vision it takes away. Not bad though. I wish We had when We glassed Mine in would have raised it 2" more on the rear close to windshiled and I think it would have really looked mean then. But, it would really have made it more time consuming to have to mold that extra hiegth into the setup. But, looks mean and great anyway.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges

Last edited by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ : 06-13-2006 at 07:46 AM.