View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wind vibration noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserth3
I didn't have the time. It was haul tail up, meet the bride, meet the inlaws, watch my son get married and haul tail back.
I did get interogated by Canadian customs for 45 minutes. They somehow couldn't believe a H3 at 11 pm wasn't smuggling something. Next time I wear a turban.

Westhillsat next time I'll have to stop and meet you. I went through last Wednesday. Are the winds up that way normaly that strong. In Canada there were semi blown over.

I also never knew tumble weeds run around in hurds. BUt the Hummer took them on and kicked but.

Those tumble weeds are mean cusses.

Facts on wind up here:

http://www.ci.great-falls.mt.us/about_gf/dyk.htm

"What Wind? On July 18, 1884, Mrs. Kate Beachley, who on that date became the third white woman to arrive in Great Falls, commented on how hard the wind was blowing. Everyone laughed. Later, Mrs. Beachley realized that the "wind" was only a breeze by local standards."

http://www.greaterfalls.com/index.ph...he-wind-blows/

This site states

"And speaking of windy?how many of you know that Great Falls is one of the windiest cities in America? It?s true: various sources place us at #4, #2, #7, and even #1!
And despite common belief, Chicago?s designation as ?The Windy City? does not mean ?wind? in the atmospheric sense - that appelation was likely applied in honor of Chicago?s politicians and civic braggarts, although some do indeed credit the wind and lake breezes. But the fact remains: Great Falls is truly windier than just about every other place in America (including Chicago) - and I love it!"

I never did like the wind all that much

Last edited by westhillsat : 11-21-2006 at 06:57 AM.