View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 12:24 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
I have some hands-on experience with different types of 3157 bulbs, one online auto parts seller sent me 3157 with very different base, packaging says 3157. If you do a search on 3157 bulbs on eBay, you will see at least 3-4 types of very different base designs, (but none as the wrong base online seller sent me). In auto supply stores, there are 2-3 types of 3157 followed by 1 or 2 letters, 3157LL or 3157L, etc.. In addition to the different bases, there are our round glass bulb, LED tip or small glass bulb type, I think LED tip should work just as big round glass(as stock 4157), but not sure if small glass bulb will work in Hummer. Note: our stock DRL bulbs are 4157s=3157.

Bottomline, if you buy 3157 that looks like our stock bulb, you'll be fine. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hands on experience doesn't mean shaking hands with the service writer after getting your bulbs changed. I so don't miss the idiotic elitist attitude.