View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 08:01 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

80 degrees in SE GA today was 37 3 days ago.

well guess what these are cracking due to expanding and contracting.

last week the gap where the crack is ws 1/4" perhaps more.

today I looked at it and guess what the gap is less than an 1/8" to the point I cant even see the crack the expansion has pressed the gap in the crack together and the crack is now under the top of the a=pillar trim piece.

no wondeer they are all cracking once the mounting bolts are tightened down and the piece expands the area cracks and we all have the same area once it gets hot the piece gets 1/4" longer.....

was very surprised to see this I had no idea the plastic would shrink and grow that much it all makes sense now...perhaps crappy plastic, they must be re tooling them with a harder durometer plastic to keep the shrinking and expansion down or at least I hope they are...if not (if they used the same plastic it will keep happening)

Oh and the gap on my pass side was always a bit tighter cold or hot...with it being so hot today the 2 parts damn near were touching eachother........

with the temp fluctuating so much here it was very noticable...looks like the inside of the top rails were bowed up off the roof a bit also.

****ty plastic IMO

UNO