View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 01:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

Anonymous is off the scale

I posted this in the wrong place, I'll repost here.

I took the H3 for a nice easy drive with the little woman today. No wheelin', just a drive up to the top of Four Peaks, a graded forest service road about 20 miles long, no place to pass. About 1/3 of the way up, I catch up to Jethro in his Chevy truck and he decides not to let me by. Instead, he starts flooring it around every corner and every uphill, throwing up as much gravel and dust as he can. No biggy, I just hang back there for a couple of miles and we enjoy the ride, just talking and having fun. Eventually, he loses it in one of the corners and sticks it in a ditch. I wait behind him as he spins the tires, digging in to a hopelessly stuck position. He and his buddy get out and pull out a tow strap, but I drive right by and don't even acknowledge them. There's a little traffic out there so eventually someone will pull him out, but I don't feel bad at all, in fact, I'm pretty happy about the whole thing.

Anyone think I should have pulled him sorry ass out?

Class winner 1996 Parker 400, Laughlin Desert Challenge, Baja 500...I\'ve never been to the mall!