View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 01:43 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

From the XM board:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>r_putman@soundgate.com

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:26 pm Post subject: PIOGM1 thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick note to all XM fans to say "Thanks" for the overwhelming support of our new PIOGM1, GM to Pioneer/XM interface. We shipped our first pieces to a retail outlet in Arizona on October 15, and the response has been incredible.

I'd like to clear up a few issues...
1. OnStar continues to work just fine with the installation of the PIOGM1.
2. PIOGM1 can operate Pioneer changer only, XM receiver only, or can do both at once.
3. PIOGM1 can be used as a simple AUX input device.
4. PIOGM1 works in virtually all 2004 GM vehicles with the "Band" button (excluding Cadillac sedans).
5. PIOGM1 works in most 2003 GM's, even though they may not be 'XM ready'.
6. On factory systems where the radio includes a "Band" button, and the vehicle is equipped with a factory CD Changer, the CD Changer will continue to work.
7. Factory radios that do NOT have a "Band" button and do have a factory changer will have to have the factory changer disconnected (this is just a few car models).

IMPORTANT...
8. There is a text issue with the Pioneer 910 receiver. We know about this problem, and are taking the steps necessary to correct the manner in which the text displays. This interface will be called "PIOGM1V2", and will be available in about three weeks (app. Nov. 15).

This isn't a sales pitch, I just wanted to clear up some issues that I've read about in the posts.

Thanks again,
Rob Putman
SoundGate <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."