View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

Well, I have to say that I've not had the best experiences here either. I went to get an H3 for my wife, had everything close to being worked out, and then called another dealer and found out I could save at least a grand. So needless to say the salesman at Sutliff was pissed. They refused to drop $1000 to get the deal done. I walked, and now they don't really want to even talk to me there.

Later, I had to bring the H3 in there for some work (the infamous Stablity/Traction/Encoder Motor problem!), and I spent all day waiting for them to fix it, and from what I can tell, they did NOTHING! The receipt said "attached loose wires". So obviously the problem appeared again in a few days. I was traveling out West, and stopped at Lynch, and they took care of the problem, knew exactly what it was, and were quick. Sutliff, as most Hummer dealers, knows almost nothing about the vehicle, does little research, and probably simply cares only about their bottom line. I mean, walk in there knowing anything about the cars, and you will know more than the salesman. Read the sales brochure and you'll get better, more accurate information. It's quite sad!

I've also had my H2 in for a rear seat cable fix that went bad within a month. And they don't really want to know what your problems are with they vehicle. Chuck, the service manager or rep or whatever, seems like he could care less as he text messages away on his cell phone.

Overall, I hope that GM knocks these guys into shape. They're a sad excuse for a dealership.

But their events are fun. However, I think that has more to do with the locations and guides they choose.